Chatham Granite Club Safety Plan
First Aid Room
- Behind ice 1 in lower lobby
- Emergency phone is in the first aid room
- Phone also in the office
- Front door
- On ice at away end by ice 1
- On ice at home end by ice 5
- In women’s change room
- By pro shop
- In parking lot across William Street.
- Alternative meeting point is in back parking lot
- In kitchen
- By back stairs in the lounge
- By the pro shop
Falling on the ice
- If a person falls on the ice and hits their head call 911, an ambulance must be called and the person checked over by the paramedics. Our address is 41 William Street North.
No smoking or vaping in the building or within 9 meters of the front door.
Upstairs lounge and in downstairs change rooms.
Stepping onto the ice
A gripper on each foot is recommended. When stepping onto the ice, step in the open space between the rocks, never over the rocks.
Never sweep backwards as it is difficult to see the rocks when getting close to the house.