Celebrating our 154'th season along the Thames River, the Chatham Granite Club has five sheets of pristine modern curling ice, change rooms with lockers and a licensed lounge facility with fully equipped kitchen. Our lounge is air conditioned and available yearly for functions such as business meetings, showers, weddings, and parties. The Chatham Granite Club also operates a fully stocked Goldline© pro shop for all of your curling equipment needs.
Our ice conditions are quick and curly, just like professional ice today. As modern as it comes, our ice is professionally maintained and considered "the best in Southern Ontario" as well is competed on at a provincial level. Our rocks are conditioned to provide fresh striking bands and a late breaking point. The ice rink, built in 1962 is completely housed under original British Columbia Cedar.
- Congratulations to our team of Dale Kelly, Mark Patterson, Ed Deschutter and Blair Wilert. They advance from the Men's Qualifier #4, to the Provincial B Qualifiers jan 6-8 in NiagaraFalls. Best of luck gentlemen.
- The events and calendar have been updated.
- A BIG thank you to O'Neill Development Group! We have a new tv thanks to their donation.
- The new hot water tank worked just fine for our brunch last week. Looking forward to reducing our environmental footprint and saving money on our utility bills.
- A new 'house' has been added on sheet five for all of our Curlers. Check out the lines of delivery. As well Junior curlers have a new set of Goldline brooms this year!
- Thank you to the Wednesday evening Ladies group for another fun evening. Their annual fashion show was held October 5th. Charlotte Sparks organized the event, with fashions from Nina Marie's Fashion Boutique. Lynda Faulkner- tickets, Fran Badder- decorations, Jayne Broughton- desserts, Brenda Taylor- organized the models. Thank you to all the participants and attendees for helping to make this event a success.
- The Annual golf tournament and BBq was a success. We had 13 teams and almost a full house for dinner after. Thanks to Anita and Bob for their organizing and to the sponsors Deer Run golf course, Schinkels Gourmet meats, Boston Pizza, Home Hardware- Keil dr, Bayside Brewery, Investors - Ridgetown, Home Depot, Lally Ford- tilbury, Great Canadian Superstore for making this a fun day.
- Thank you to everyone who assisted us with our fundraising efforts. We completed a new roof, HVAC unit on the roof, new compressor, water softener, upgrades to the chiller and some other minor repairs to the building. Even with all of the renovations and repairs we completed over the past few years, we still have a few things to work on. Please share with your Facebook friends and family. There are still some handles that can be engraved and we are still accepting donations to the building fund.
- Join the Chatham Granite Club for an 8 week Learn to Curl program, designed for adults. Click here for more information or scroll down.
- The club's event schedule has been released. Check the calendar or the event page for more information.
- The Membership Directory has been added to the Member's Zone. Please contact us at email@example.com to gain access to this page.
What's Happening in 2016-2017?
This year, to accommodate all curlers, we will have skip's choice and club curling available on Monday and Thursday nights. If you wish to curl with your spouse or a friend(s), then sign your team up under skip's choice. If you are looking for a team, then sign up under club curling.
- Another new curling format is emerging called Sturling. It is a lot of fun and helps you to develop your game. With only 2 players per team and less rocks to deliver, the game moves very quickly and only takes about 1 hour. This is ideal for those that are unable to travel up and down the ice while sweeping. We are willing to discuss a league to accommodate curlers who might be interested. Check out the rules at http://www.sturling.net/Rules.html.
- The open house this year will take place on October 14th.
- Be sure to check our packed schedule, bonspiel conveners would love some volunteers.
- Want to be part of a team off the ice? Contact the Club for Board position opportunities. It's your Club!
- Updated and powerful standings.! All league convenors, please look to your left and see the submissions tab. Here, you can send us your standings and scores.
- Updated score cards! An easier format has been created.
Thank you to our 2016-17 sponsors - click here
- The site will host standings for every single league that is played at the Granite Club.
- We will keep you up to date on our member's results in OCA events.
- A work in progress; A Member's Zone. This will be a way to post your thoughts about our club on a private page. As well, a Ontario curling club directory and map will be linked, and a member's directory will be placed here as well. "A great place to find a spare". The page will be password protected and only members who contact us will be granted the password to this page.
- Submissions: All league convenors will be in charge of their respective league page. Contact them or see the submissions page on your left to have information updated.
- Members are encouraged to send us pictures from the club if they have any which will be placed appropriately throughout the website. These pictures can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be able to directly access our Facebook page and our new Twitter feed right from the site!
- Game of the Week: This will be discontinued for this season, but may be back next year. Each week, one game will be chosen from one of the league schedules and will be featured on the homepage. Each game will have an excitement value to it whether that be an old rivalry or a rookie against a veteran!
March 4th 2017
Join us at the Chatham Granite club as we team up with Branch 642 to raise funds for the Chatham Poppy Fund. All profits from this event will be donated to this fund to support local veterans. A fun day for curlers and non-curlers!
Teams are made up of 2 people, no sweeping is involved. You will play 4 ends per game and throw 4 rocks per end. Time frame per game is 1 hour. You will play 3 games and finish the day with dinner at the Legion followed by entertainment with - Fred & Mary Rose
Instruction is available on Friday night 7pm. Join us upstairs after for some strategy and social time. Games begin Saturday morning with lunch and dinner provided in your entry fee.
Guests are welcome for the meals at an added cost of lunch - $10, dinner - $15 per person.