2018 Elite 10 Chatham
The Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling is hosting the top 10 men’s and women’s curlers in the world at the St. Clair Campus Arena in Chatham-Kent September 26 - 30 2018.
Deadline for early bird ticket prices come to an end on March 31st. The full event price of $150.00 +hst includes free admission to the Bradley Centre Social House
Come and cheer on the top curlers in the world and your Olympic medalists.
Get your tickets now
To get your full event pass at a special pricing click or copy and paste on the link below.
Council approves Grand Slam of Curling event
The Granite club would like to thank Council for their support in helping bring this high profile event to our community. September 25th to 30th, we are looking forward to a great week of curling! http://www.chathamdailynews.ca/2017/10/02/council-approves-grand-slam-of-curling-event
Check out the event schedule for this year http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.com/
- Rules updated for Monday Night Mixed.
- New dehumidifier is installed and works well. Thanks to CDN Metal fabrication for installing and Ice King for their assistance in purchasing the unit.
- Our new drop ceiling was installed- thank you to everyone who donated time and money towards this project. It looks great
- Congratulations to our team of Dale Kelly, Mark Patterson, Ed Deschutter and Blair Wilert. They advance from the Men's Qualifier #4, to the Provincial B Qualifiers jan 6-8 in NiagaraFalls. Best of luck gentlemen.
- A BIG thank you to O'Neill Development Group! We have a new tv thanks to their donation.
- A new 'house' has been added on sheet five for all of our Curlers. Check out the lines of delivery. As well Junior curlers have a new set of Goldline brooms this year!
- Thank you to everyone who assisted us with our fundraising efforts. Over the past 5 years we have a new condenser, a new roof, HVAC unit on the roof, new compressor, water softener, upgrades to the chiller, drop ceiling in the lounge, hot water tankless unit and some other minor repairs to the building. Even with all of the renovations and repairs we completed over the past few years, we still have a few things to work on. Please share with your Facebook friends and family. There are still some handles that can be engraved and we are still accepting donations to the building fund.
- Join the Chatham Granite Club for an 8 week Learn to Curl program, designed for adults. Click here for more information or scroll down.
- The Membership Directory has been added to the Member's Zone. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to gain access to this page.
What's Happening in 2017-2018?
This year, to accommodate all curlers, we will have skip's choice and club curling available on Monday and Thursday nights. If you wish to curl with your spouse or a friend(s), then sign your team up under skip's choice. If you are looking for a team, then sign up under club curling.
- Another new curling format is growing like crazy, mixed doubles. It is a lot of fun and helps you to develop your game. With only 2 players per team and less rocks to deliver, the game moves very quickly and only takes about 1 hour. This is ideal for those that are unable to travel up and down the ice while sweeping. We are looking a league to accommodate curlers who might be interested. Can be mixed or not, it is a fun game and really helps you to work on your draw game.
- The open house this year will take place on October 18th.
- Be sure to check our packed schedule, bonspiel conveners would love some volunteers.
- Want to be part of a team off the ice? Contact the Club for Board position opportunities. We are always looking for people to help with bonspiels and other functions. It's your Club!
- Updated and powerful standings! All league convenors, please look to your left and see the submissions tab. Here, you can send us your standings and scores.
- We have a few OCA events scheduled for this year. We will be looking for volunteers to help your Club make these successful. Stay tuned for details .......
Thank you to our 2016-17 sponsors - click here
- The site will host standings for every single league that is played at the Granite Club.
- We will keep you up to date on our member's results in OCA events.
- A work in progress; A Member's Zone. This will be a way to post your thoughts about our club on a private page. As well, a Ontario curling club directory and map will be linked, and a member's directory will be placed here as well. "A great place to find a spare". The page will be password protected and only members who contact us will be granted the password to this page.
- Submissions: All league convenors will be in charge of their respective league page. Contact them or see the submissions page on your left to have information updated.
- Members are encouraged to send us pictures from the club if they have any which will be placed appropriately throughout the website. These pictures can also be sent to email@example.com.
- You will be able to directly access our Facebook page and our new Twitter feed right from the site!
- Game of the Week: This will be discontinued for this season, but may be back next year. Each week, one game will be chosen from one of the league schedules and will be featured on the homepage. Each game will have an excitement value to it whether that be an old rivalry or a rookie against a veteran!
- Chicken dinner went very well we sold out again!!! Thank you to Anita and her crew for a wonderful evening of food and music!
- Golf Tournament is cancelled
- Wine lovers don't miss this.... a bus trip to Essex region wineries including tastings and a meal on Saturday October 21st. $80 / person contact Sophie for your tickets. There are not many left! firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 1st Tier 55 bonspiel. for entries contact Paul Johnston email@example.com or the club.
- 2-4 Bonspiel is back in support of our veterans. Saturday Nov 18th, this event is limited to 40 curlers. Lunch and a perch dinner included! contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Perch Dinner- on Saturday Nov 18th at 5 pm enjoy 6 pieces of perch, fries, coleslaw included. For only $19, to get your tickets contact the club, or email email@example.com.