The Chatham Granite Club was founded in 1862 and is one of the oldest curling clubs in Canada. The club has five sheets of ice which are housed under beautiful British Columbia cedar for leagues of all levels. The club is committed to promote the love of curling by providing curling instruction and recreational play to children, adults and seniors as well as special populations. We organize quality bonspiels and host provincial and international events for our competitive curlers. The Chatham Granite Club is a not-for-profit organization.
The Club Administrator is instrumental in growing and sustaining our membership and ensuring the ongoing successful operation of the club. While responsibilities cover the full year, the seasonal nature of the Club requires the Club Administrator to work a flexible and variable schedule depending on the time of year. The work schedule is full-time from mid-October to mid-April and part-time for the remainder of the year. Duties will require some work to be done on weekends and evenings.
- Manage efficiently and effectively the day to day operations of the club including ice and lounge rentals, bar and inventory control, Pro-shop and inventory control, conditions of the facilities and the security of club property.
- Manage the financials of the club working closely with the Treasurer to ensure accuracy of accounting records.
- Build positive relationships and maintain rapport with club members, sponsors, community stakeholders and neighbouring curling clubs.
- Manage and supervise the bar staff
- Attend all regular meetings of the Board of Directors to bring issues requiring the board’s attention and to give an overview of the club’s happenings.
- Perform other assigned duties as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Outgoing demeanor with strong public relations and client services skills
- Highly motivated and self-starter who is adaptable to and comfortable with a variable daily weekly and monthly work schedule
- Well-developed business management and leadership experience in customer or member-focused organizations in the not-for-profit sector
- Sound understanding of fiscal responsibilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal, written and computer skills
- Up to date or ability to obtain certificates for Smart Serve, Violence and Harassment in the Workplace, Disabilities in the Workplace, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMS), Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling for Chemicals (GHS), Standard First Aid, Food Handlers Training Course and an up-to-date criminal record check for vulnerable sector
- Ability to lift and carry 12 kilograms regularly
- Knowledge of the sport of curling
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please email Resume and Cover Letter by June 17, 2022 to:
Martin Forster-Sands, President
Please quote in subject line: Club Administrator Position
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.